Curved TV good or bad
The newest of TVs to hit the market are the Curved TVs. People have different opinions of curved TV, many simply love it while others say that curved TV is not worth the extra money. The simple reason why there are different opinions about Curved TV performance is because to enjoy the fantastic benefits of Curved TV it must be installed correctly. Curved TVs are meant for the people who want the best TVs and do not mind spending money to make a special place for a Curved TV, like a home theatre room in their house.
Where to install Curved TV
Have no doubts, Curved TV is indeed very good to watch. But if the curved TV is not installed right, then it will be a very big disappointment. These are some of the very important points to remember when installing a curved TV:
- There should be no bright lights in front of a curved TV. The curved shape of a curved TV tends to magnify any reflections on its screen.
- The curved TV viewing angle is narrow and the best viewing position for a curved TV is in front of the curved TV screen. The curved shape of the Curved TV focuses the picture on the curved TV screen to a 'sweet spot' which is the focal point of the curvature of the Curved TV. This is the best place to watch a Curved TV and you should have comfortable sofas placed there. The curved TV user manual will explain about the best seating positions.
- Watching curved TV from the sides is not good and not recommended.
- Wall mounting curved TV: Curved TV is not meant to be wall mounted. Always use the original supplied TV stand with the Curved TV.
- If these conditions for installing a curved TV cannot be met, then it is better to buy a bigger higher spec flat TV with the extra money needed for a curved TV.
Why buy a curved TV in India
Curved TVs are the latest in TVs now in India. Curved TVs are expensive and so why buy a Curved TV? The answer is simple, Curved TVs, especially the 4K Ultra HD curved TVs, are a superb to watch when installed correctly.
LG and Samsung who are the world leaders in curved TV, say that a Curved TV image gives the impression that you are watching a bigger TV screen. To quote from Samsung curved UHD TV website
"Samsung’s curved screen is supported with proprietary technology that creates an accurate picture with exceptional color, without any picture distortion. It has a dramatically improved field of view that creates a panoramic effect and helps the picture feel bigger."
LED Vs OLED Curved TV
LED and OLED are two completely different things: LED is a light bulb which is used to light up the back of the LCD screen in a LED TV. OLED is a TV screen type similar to Plasma TV. See our pages LED TV and OLED TV for full explanation.
Samsung makes their Curved TVs using LED technology whereas LG uses OLED Technology. As can be seen in the tables below, the LG OLED Curved TVs are more expensive, but almost all TV experts say OLED TV has the best TV picture. For example the respected Digital Trends magazine had this to say about OLED TVs: "Simply put, OLED is the best display technology available today; everything else is a compromise". ....More from our OLED TV page
Curved TV price comparison in India
The only two Curved TV brands in India are LG and Samsung. Sony Curved TV, Sony Bravia KDL-65S990A, a 65 inch 1080p HD TV has just been released in the US and it will take some time to reach India. Below we have a price comparison of LG and Samsung Curved TVs in India.
|Samsung Model||size " / Cms||Price Rupees||Details|
|48H8000 ARLXL||48" / 121.92||₨1,46,900||Full HD Curved Smart TV H8000 Series 8|
|55H8000 ARLXL||55" / 139.7||₨2,25,900||Full HD Curved Smart TV H8000 Series 8|
|55HU9000 RMXL||55" / 139.7||₨3,29,900||4K Ultra HD Curved Smart TV HU9000 Series 9|
|65H8000 ARLXL||65"/165.1||₨3,85,900||Full HD Curved Smart TV H8000 Series 8|
|LG Model||size " / Cms||Price Rupees||Details|
|55EA9700||55" / 139.7||₨3,09,900||Full HD Curved OLED 3D Smart TV|
|55EA9800||55" / 139.7||₨3,09,900||Full HD Curved OLED 3D Smart TV|
|55EC930T||55" / 139.7||₨3,34,900||Full HD Curved OLED 3D Smart TV with webOS|